Blocking Google AdSense ads
There are times you might want to block Google AdSense text and image advertisements from showing up in your web browser. For example, if you’re an AdSense publisher and need to do some editing to your site but would like to block the ads for your own safety. Or maybe you just want to browse the web without seeing any advertisements. Either way, this quick and simple tutorial should point you in the right direction.
- If you don’t already have firefox, grab it:
- Once firefox is installed you need to Get the Adblock Plus addon
- Restart firefox after installing the addon
- From firefox, go to tools ->addons and then select the options button under Adblock Plus
- In the window that opens, click the add filter button and copy the following into the box: http://*.googlesyndication.com/*
That’s all there is to it. You should now be blocking Google ads.