How to Download Embedded SWF files using Firefox
Downloading SFW Files. In the following tutorial I cover the process of downloading SWF (flash) files directly to your Computer using the built in Page info/Media functionality in Firefox. Subsequently, this process enables Firefox users to download any flash swf file embedded in a webpage without using additional software.
How to Download Embedded SWF files
First off, if you don’t already have it, you’ll want to Download Firefox.
- Open up Firefox. Then navigate to the Webpage containing the embedded Flash SWF file that you want to download.
- Anywhere in the empty space on the page, right click and select the Page info option:
- Next, select the Media tab from the Page Info menu.
- Now, Scroll down the list and select the .swf file from the list. It should be listed as an embedded type.
- Click the Save As button to save the .swf flash file to your computer.
Note: Furthermore, if you are need software to play back those downloaded .swf files, I recommend taking Swiff Flash Player for a spin. It is also worth mentioning that Swiff is a portable software tool.