WordPress Appearance Editor Missing
WordPress Appearance Editor Menu Option is Missing. I recently encountered an issue where the option to edit my theme files from the WordPress back end was gone. My WordPress Appearance Editor Missing – Gone! As it turns out, a setting within the iThemes Security was the culprit. Fortunately the fix was simple, and I was back up and running again within a couple of minutes. But, figured I'd quickly share the fix in case others encounter the same issue.
How I fixed the Missing WordPress Appearance > Editor option
- Login to WordPress back end.
- From the sidebar, navigate to Security > Settings
- From the iThemes Security Settings Page, navigate to WordPress Tweaks and Click Configure Settings
- Scroll down to the File Editor and uncheck the option. Then Click Save Settings
- Now go back to the sidebar and navigate to Appearance and the Editor should be available.