Creating a Bootable USB Kaspersky Rescue Disk from Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 ISO is relatively simple, thanks to “Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker“. Kaspersky Rescue Disk is a free stand alone antivirus tool that was designed to scan and disinfect computers that have been infected. The tool is natively available as an ISO, but can be extracted to a USB Flash Drive via rescue2usb.exe.
Product Page: http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk?level=2
How to Make a Bootable Kaspersky Rescue USB
- Download the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 ISO
- Download rescue2usb.exe (Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker)
- Insert a 256 MB or larger USB Flash Drive and launch rescue2usb.exe, installing to a folder on your desktop.
- Navigate to the folder on your desktop, and click the new rescue2usb.exe file within
- (1) Browse to your kav_rescue_10.iso (2) Select your USB medium (3) Click START
- Once the tool has finished, simply restart you computer, set your system BIOS to boot from the USB device and proceed to boot.
If all goes well, you should now be running Kaspersky Rescue Disk from a USB Flash Drive!