Using the Smart Life app with Treatlife switch. Did you know that you can easily add a Treatlife switch to the Smart Life application? Even though the proprietary switches use their own in house application, the Smartlife application can still detect them. This is because the Treat Life App was originally derived from Smartlife utility, and shares much of the same innards.
One very good reason to do this is so that you can consolidate, group, and manage all of your smart home switches and devices from one single utility. Nobody likes having to use multiple pieces of software to manage a network of home devices. In the following simple solution, I cover how to add those switches to your current Smart Life App. Which should help reduce your necessary Smart Home management applications down to Smart Life and Alexa.
How to use the Smart Life app with Treatlife switches
The following assumes that you already have your switch or switches installed. And that they are (quickly blinking 2 times per second), meaning they are broadcasting and ready to be detected by and added to your network using AP mode or APP Config mode. If the light is blinking slowly (once every 3 seconds), simply long press the switch for 5 seconds to change blink modes.
Note: This procedure was tested using a TreatLife 3 Way Smart Switch. I assume the single pole switches would work the same way.
- Establish a 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi connection on your phone.
- Start the Smart Life Application.
- Click the + from the upper right hand corner, and select Add Device.
- Next to Add Manually, scroll down and select Switch (Wi-Fi).
- Next, select your connected 2.4 Ghz network to use, and then click Next.
- Now, ensure that your switch is blinking quickly. Then tick the box next to Confirm the indicator is blinking rapidly, and click Next.
- The Smart Life App will now attempt to detect and add your TreatLife Switch.
Treat Life Switch added to Smart Life
Once the device is detected, you will see on/off controls for your TreatLife Switch on the SmartLife App.
Your Treat Life switch should now be added to SmartLife. Now you can proceed to add it to Alexa.
That concludes How to setup and use the Smart Life App with TreatLife.