BitDefender Real-time protection is unavailable problem: BitDefender Total Security 2008 is one of the best antivirus solutions available. However, just like any antivirus software can have it’s hiccups. Recently, I have encountered one such hiccup. One day upon logging in to my work PC, I had noticed that my BitDefender antivirus Real-time protection and Firewall was disabled and could not be turned back on. The check box was grayed out and the text next to it displayed “Real-time protection is unavailable”. To make matters worse, I could not perform an update nor manually scan any files.
As it turns out, my latest BitDefender automatic update had become corrupted. In the following, I’ll show you how to fix the problem and get your BitDefender Real-time protection working again.
How to get BitDefender Real-time protection working again:
- Login to your BitDefender account
- Under the My Products tab, click the Download kit
- On the next page, Download the BitDefender version your currently using:
- Once finished downloading, locate the BitDefender executable you just downloaded and run it:
- Select the option to Repair. This will repair the corrupted install and should not require that your reenter your activation key. However, you will still need to perform an update after the install has finished