How to Boot and Run DOS from a USB Flash Drive. In the following simple solution, I show you a simple way to Put DOS on a USB device using a nifty little tool called Rufus, created by Pete Batard. This tool resembles the HP USB Format Tool. It also includes the same features, and really makes it easy to Create a DOS Bootable USB Key.
Creating a DOS Bootable USB Flash Drive
- Download and start Rufus.
- (A) First choose your Flash Drive under Device.
(B) Then select FAT32 for the File system.
(C) Tick Create a DOS bootable disk.
* You can choose WinMe DOS or FreeDOS.
- Click Start to make your DOS Bootable USB.
- Once finished, you’ll want to restart your PC. Then set your system BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB drive. And then finally reboot again. Enjoy!