By default, when a Windows XP computer encounters an error, the user is prompted with a pop up asking them if they would like to send the pertaining error information to Microsoft. The following tutorial explains how to eliminate this pop up prompt when your computer encounters an error.
How To Disable Windows XP Error Reporting:
- Click Start -> Run
- From within the run box type SYSDM.CPL and then Click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab from within the System Properties window.
- Next Click the Error Reporting button.
- From the Error Reporting window, check the option to Disable error reporting
- Click OK to accept the changes then close the System Properties window to exit.
From now on you shouldn't be prompted to send any error information to Microsoft.