Are you looking to change a Microsoft Office 2007 product license key, serial number or CD key? One common method used to change the product key for 2007 Microsoft Office programs or suites is to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office and then reinstall the program. Another approach is to edit your registry, reset and change the product serial key without uninstalling and reinstalling 2007 Office system suites.
Be sure to always backup your registry keys before proceeding to remove or change them.
How to Change your Office 2007 Product Key:
- Click Start -> Run
- Type regedit in the box and click OK
- Navigate to the following path:
- Under Registration, you might find several subkeys that contain a combination of alphanumeric characters. Each key is specific to a program installed on your computer.
Open each subkey to view and identify the Office product version by the ProductName registry entry in the right pane. For example:
- Once you have located the subkey that contains the Office product you wish to change the license key for, delete the following registry entries by right clicking on the registry entry in the subkey, click Delete, and select Yes:
- Close regedit
- Start Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook or another Office application. Office 2007 should now prompt you to enter a new 25 character product key
- Enter a valid product key, and click OK
- If prompted to choose your preferred type of Microsoft Office 2007 installation, select Install Now
- Microsoft Office 2007 should now be updated with your new CD key
Within Registration, there is subkey that may resemble the following:
ProductName=Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007