If your getting the error message: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" while visiting various Websites or Webpages your not alone. There is a good chance that something cached in your temporary internet files may be causing the problem. A deeper concern is that it's possible your Windows computer may be infected with a Virus or Spyware of some sort. Here are some steps I would take to circumvent or attempt to repair this problem.
Typical Error Report:
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer. 7.0.5730.11 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 61eb77e0
To view technical information about the error report, click here.
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x0000000061eb77e0
Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600
The following files will be included in this error report:
How to fix the Closing Internet Explorer error:
- From Internet Explorer, navigate to Tools -> Internet Options and under Browsing history Click the Delete button
- Next you should probably ensure that your system isn't infected:
- Before running each of these programs to check for Viruses or Spyware, you need to "disable System Restore" feature by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to Start -> Control Panel -> System
- Click the System Restore tab and check the box to Turn off System Restore then Click Apply:
- Next, reboot your PC in safe mode and "perform a System Scan" using the tools downloaded above.