How can I Remove Question Mark from eMail? How I fixed the ? inserted at the beginning of email replies. Recently, Windows Live Mail began inserting question marks at the beginning of every email I would reply to. As it turns out the beta version of Internet Explorer, installed a few days earlier was the culprit. Once Internet Explorer beta was uninstalled, my email replies started working normally again.
How to Remove Question Mark from eMail
Fixing the erroneous ? inserted at the beginning of email replies.
Note: This process assumes you have Internet Explorer installed, and that it is potentially the culprit.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs
- From the Tasks pane to the left, click View installed updates
- From the list, double click Windows Internet Explorer and proceed to uninstall
- Once uninstalled, restart your computer
If all goes well, your Windows Live Mail email replies should now function normally.
There must be some problem with IE causing a conflict with Windows Live Mail.