Vista Windows Update prompting to reinstall Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181). After installing the KB936181 update numerous times, Windows Update keeps listing it as an available high priority update that still needs to be installed. Furthermore, update KB936181 keeps reinstalling. How do I fix this KB936181 update Issue?
As stated in my previous post regarding the KB936181 update problem, if Vista keeps asking to reinstall KB936181, one of your system files is corrupted or has not been updated correctly. In the following simple solution, I show you how to fix the Windows VISTA KB936181 update problem and put an end to Vista repeating that a security update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) is available for installation.
How to fix the Vista KB936181 Windows Update problem:
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
- Type ren %windir%\System32\msxml4.dll msxml4.old, and press Enter (Ignore any errors stating that the file could not be found)!
- Next, type exit, and press Enter
- Click Start, from the Search box type Programs and Features, then press Enter
- Next, select MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) from the list and click uninstall:
- Now, simply visit the official Microsoft KB93618 download link and manually download and install the update
- Restart your computer and if all goes well, your KB936181 update issues should be history.