Windows Computer restarts when attempting to shut down. When you shut down your Windows computer, does your computer restart instead of shutting down? Or does a Stop error may appear before the computer restarts? These problems are most likely caused by incompatible Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 software or software drivers installed on your computer. In the following tutorial I'll cover the process of fixing the Windows reboot problem.
Table of Contents
How to fix the Windows Reboot Problem
One option is to completely remove Roxio Easy CD Creator or Direct CD.
However, in most cases the problem with with Windows XP rebooting instead of shutting completely down can be resolved by simply visiting the Roxio Website and proceeding to download and install an updated Easy CD Creator 5.0 driver for Windows XP.
If the problem is more complex and you are receiving a stop error message during boot, but the message disappears before you can write it down, you can try the following:
- Right click My Computer, and select Properties
- From the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery click Settings
- Under System failure, uncheck the Automatically restart box and click OK
Now the error message will remain on the screen and you can record the error information.
Additional Stop error information and help
"Stop 0x0000000a(0x00000029,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x80466d7b" error message
If your getting this error message, you can try the following:
- First, uninstall the Easy CD Creator software
- Next click Start-> Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and click OK
- Find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Security
- Remove the Etetnt.mpd file that has a revision date of 1997
- Find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
- Remove Cdr4vsd, Cdralw2k, Cdr4_2k, Cdudf