After replacing or upgrading a monitor on your computer, you may encounter an error when launching Adobe Photoshop. The error may read as follows: The monitor profile is corruped or default monitor profile appears to be defective. The problem is basically that a profile has not yet been established by Photoshop for the new monitor. In the following simple solution I will show you how to resolve this problem and get Photoshop up and working properly again.
Table of Contents
Common Photoshop Monitor Profile Errors:
- The monitor profile (profile name) is corrupted.
- Default monitor profile appears to be defective.
- Default monitor profile appears to be defective. Please re-run your monitor calibration software.
How to fix the Photoshop Monitor Profile Error:
The most logical solution is to Create a new monitor profile using the Adobe Gamma Wizard. Here is how to do it:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Adobe Gamma
- Select the Step-by-Step Wizard, then click Next
- On the next page, give your new profile a unique Description and then click Next
- Next, you will be asked to adjust the controls on your monitor to obtain the best visuals. Follow the onscreen instructions and prompts.
- Now simply name the new profile something and click Save
If all goes well, you should now be able to launch Photoshop with your newly created profile.