WordPress is perfect to use as a personal blogging platform. But did you know that it can also be used as a complete Web Site replacement? By using the Static Front Page option built into WordPress version 2.1 and later, one can literally turn a Blog into a Website. In addition, the user can still retain the Blog Post structure.
The Static FrontPage option allows a user to set a specific WordPress Page to be the Home Page, Main Front Page or site index. So rather than visiting your site and seeing a list of posts, the visitor can be presented with for example a nice introductory main page as to what your site or blog is all about.
Enabling The WordPress Home Page (Static FrontPage):
Before proceeding, make sure you have already written a page to use as the WordPress Main Front Page.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- From the menu, navigate to Options-> Reading
- Under Front Page, check the static page option.
- Select the main page you would like to display from the Front page drop down.
- Optional: Select the Posts page (page that will list your most recent Blog posts). I normally set this to a blank page because it will be populated with posts.
- Click Update Options and go view your site!