This article explains how to run a static front or home page while still resuming the chronological blog posts on another page. This basically allows a user to have both a Website and chronological Blog of the same content. For example if you write a page titled blog, it would be accessible separately at www.yoursite.com/blog. This article assumes that you’ve already set your site to use a static front page using WordPress.
Setting up a seperate Blog Posts page:
First you need to “write a new page” that will be used as your posts page. For example if you write a page titled blog, it would be accessible separately at www.yoursite.com/blog
Note that this posts page will be automatically populated with posts… just like WordPress does by default.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- From the menu, navigate to Settings -> Reading
- Under Front Page, check the static page option.
- Ensure the home page you would like to display is selected from the Front page drop down.
- Select a seperate Posts page (page that will list your most recent Blog posts).
- Click Update Options and go view your site!